Though pirates make their fortunes by plundering, pillaging and looting, many a citizen of the Caribbean also relies on their skills to create what they need or create and sell what others want. Having a craft skill to play or even succeed is NOT necessary but does add to the game and to the world the players participate in.
These are the abilities to build, make or repair equipment, weapons or garb.
- Blacksmithing - Craft or repair knives and swords.
- Gunsmithing - Craft or repair pistols, muskets, and blunderbusses.
- Shipbuilding - Customize or repair ships. For the sake of the game, a player will not be able to build a ship from scratch, but can use their skills to fix or upgrade their own ship instead of paying a shipwright in port.
- Tailoring - Craft or repair clothing.
- Witchcraft - Craft potions, craft or repair voodoo items.
Pirates could be allow more than 1 crafting ability at 1 time, but any crafting skills would entail performing a serious of quests or tasks for an NPC mentor (likely the same NPC merchants).
For example, a character want to learn Tailoring. An NPC Tailor would apprentice them by sending them on various Tailor quests before unlocking the ability. Improved skills would mean shorter producing time and higher quality products.